Monday, June 1, 2015

Migraine and Headache Awareness 2015 #1- Favorite Hope Quote



Day #1 Prompt- Favorite Hope Quote: What's your favorite quote about hope, and how does it apply to your Headaches or Migraines?

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all"    Emily Dickinson


Hope to me is the only reason that I am alive today.  The Emily Dickinson quote above reminds me each and every day how simple it is to live.  When I am tired from the countless doctor appointments, sick from the piles of medication, and annoyed by the lack of progress; I still have hope.  You see, I have heard too many times that a doctor doesn't know what to do with me.  I have been told over and over again that there aren't any current treatments that I can try right now.  And my body likes to send me not so subtle hints that I am pushing myself too hard.  People can disappoint me, doctors can avoid me and life can have bumps at every turn; but HOPE just is.  It exits in the darkest corners.  It soars to the highest points.  And it survives the most painful of days.



"The Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is organized by the American Headache and Migraine Association." 

3 comments:

  1. Amen! My favorite bible verse on hope is “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Mandi!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete