Friday, August 2, 2013

Is being happy the same as being healthy?!

I can say that being happy can make me feel better but it does not make me healthy.....
I like this question because many people who see me would never realize how ill I truly am.  And many people who know me, can't tell how much pain I am in.  I learned a long time ago to put on a smile and move forward.  I created my catch phrase for "How are you feeling?" around the same time; "I'm hangin in."  
I don't know what it is, but when I am able to stay hopeful and smile, I just feel better.  Now I just wish my body would catch up and GET HEALTHY!

2 comments:

  1. "Im hangin in'...I wonder what any one of us use as our 'catch phrase' Case? I always say..(when I think someone truly asks aside from being courteous) I always just say.."Im OK-How are you doing??" Im not good,Im not bad, I dont care to get into a discussion about MY crap..& I really do want to hear how they are! Most days "Im OK" is an honest assessment of how Im doing..I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should be the question of the day on the boards. I never want to blow anyone off, because I appreciate their care. However, when nothing changes I don't know what to say. Recently when my husband asks, I'll say "I'm normal". He knows that means that not a thing has changed! Thinking about you!!!!

      Delete