Friday, June 21, 2013

Migraine & Awareness Month #21- Oblivion

I am not a sci-fi fan, so I had to look into what the movie Oblivion was all about to understand where to go with this post.  The shortest explanation I can give is:
The earth was invaded by aliens and almost destroyed the earth.  Memories were wiped and people had to fight to save humankind.  In the end, part of the earth is recovered and the aliens are defeated.....Hopefully that is correct and makes sense.

The way that I relate this story to my life is through my battle of the Beast.  I have dealt with and conquered many health problems in my 36 years.  However, from my first Cluster Attack I knew that this would be different.  This was a pain that went straight to the core of me, leaving me to wonder how I was still alive.    To survive I have had to use all of the resources I have and look outside myself for more.  Each day I wake up not knowing what will come or how I will face it.  I have had to get creative in my battles and at times have had to wave the white flag at the Beast.  To this day I have not regained back my life, but I am living more than I was at the beginning of the attacks.  My hope is to one day either conquer the Beast or at least find a way to coexist with it.   

June 2013, Migraine and Headache Awareness Month, is dedicated to Unmasking the Mystery of Chronic Headache Disorders. The 2013 Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is a project of FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment