Thursday, June 6, 2013

Migraine & Headache Awareness Month #6- Steel Magnolias: "That which does not kill us makes us stronger"

Cluster Headaches cause pain that I could never have imagined a person could live through; at times I am still amazed that I have.  With this pain I have learned that while something can stop me dead in my tracks, it can also make me stronger and a much better person than I could have ever believed.  I curse this thing that has been nicknamed 'Suicide Headaches'; while at the same time appreciating the lessons I have learned.
I am a virgo through and through.  I have my way of doing things, and it is the right way!
I try to tell that to this Beast we call Cluster Headaches and this Beast shows me how wrong I am everytime. 
So with my pain have come some important lessons....
1) Patience is a virtue.
2) It is okay if I can't stand on my own two feet all of the time (figuritively and literally).
3) Prioritize
4) Live life when I can and remember life when I don't feel well enough to live it.
5) I do have value and can help others.
6) Family and Friends are amazing and will understand my limitations.
7) Work is a job; not a life.
8) Laugh
9) Cry
10) You can't always win; but that doesn't make you a loser. 

Through these lessons I have come to to accept myself where I am in the moment.  Not to hang so tightly on the past and wish for a future I am unsure of.  With these lessons I am at the strongest point in this battle and can only continue to get stronger.  I don't know what my future holds but I know I can face it with a better outlook than I could have before. 

Here I am just breathing!!!!


June 2013, Migraine and Headache Awareness Month, is dedicated to Unmasking the Mystery of Chronic Headache Disorders. The 2013 Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is a project of FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment