Sunday, June 1, 2014

Migraine & Headache Awareness Month 2014- #1 What If......






It’s been said that patients who are able to talk about what they would do without their Headache or Migraine, tend to be less depressed and more hopeful. Some patients have lost the ability to dream about their lives without the present taking hold and destroying their ability to dream of something better.  

"What would you do if your dream of a pain and a completely symptom free life, came true?” 


This years blog theme 'Dreaming of a World without Headache & Migraine' is a tough one.  As a little girl I was taught to never give up, dream big, anything is possible.  As an adult, I have learned the cruel reality that dreams don't always come true.  That hard work doesn't always pay off.  And that some things just aren't possible.  I don't mean to come off as negative, I have just learned that while I can control the way I react to life; I can't always control life.  
I have struggled for the last 5 years to stop wishing for what my life used to be and to not hope for things outside of my reach.  I try to face every day as a new opportunity within itself.  I wake up each morning to meet who I will be that day.  This is the way I seem to be most successful at keeping the dreaded depression at bay.  
When I first read the theme for this years blog challenge I considered sitting out because dreaming tends to lead me to more pain.  But at this point I am up for anything.....

If I could wake up tomorrow and I was completely pain free and symptom free I would join the land of the living again.  I would make plans more than 2 hours ahead of time.  I would go and get a job and work towards achieving my license in Mental Health Counseling.  I would spend as much time with my family and friends just enjoying life.  And I would try to have a baby.  

That being said, if I wake up tomorrow and my dreams do not come true, I will continue to grasp every bit of hope I can find to keep putting one foot in front of the other.  I will continue to be thankful for those who support me.  I will keep looking for the lesson I am supposed to be learning.  

1 comment:

  1. You make me so proud to be a part of your journey!
    YAY!! I love reading when you blog-♡

    ReplyDelete