Thursday, June 4, 2015

Migraine and Headache Awareness 2015 #3- Small Headache and Migraine Hopes



Day #3 Prompt: Small Headache and Migraine hopes:  What small thing gives you hope for living with Headaches and Migraines?

For me this prompt is an important one.  As one hits the level where their pain becomes chronic and debilitating, it is so easy to lose sight of HOPE.  There are moments when I am in the midst of severe pain where I can't see the other side of it.  Trying to think in that moment that this pain will end at some point and things will be good again, is just to overwhelming.  So in those moments I think of the small things.  If I can just think of one small thing in the moment that brings me happiness or HOPE, I can get to the other side. 

Here are some of my small things that give me HOPE:

-Getting out of bed
-A good night sleep
-A piece of chocolate
-Hearing my cat purr
-Getting through an attack without overdoing medications
-Taking a walk
-Having a good conversation with a family member
-Seeing my family smile
-Smiling myself
-Walking my stepdaughter to and from the bus stop
-Cleaning my house
-Talking with my fellow pain warriors
-Reading a book
-Doing a puzzle

The small things that give me HOPE are things that I used to take for granted.  If I can get up in the morning, then no matter what else happens that day, I am already a winner!!!  I have learned that Hope is only as far away as my last good memory!



"The Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is organized by the American Headache and Migraine Association." 

No comments:

Post a Comment