Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Migraine & Headache Awareness Month #17- Mission Impossible

Mission Impossible

What do I find impossible to do?  PACE MYSELF!!!!!

I have never been the type of person who has to be doing something all of the time.  I will admit that I have been guilty of loving lazy days and napping at all hours.  But since my Cluster Attacks started I do not take the time that I should to always take care of myself.  On bad days it is impossible to accomplish anything other then to get through the day.  So when a decent day hits; when I get breaks through my attacks, I try to fit everything in.  I try to have as much fun as possible, catch up on my long to do list and I keep going.  Some may say that is what living life is all about.  But what I have learned is that by doing to much all I do is continue the cycle of more attacks.  I end up paying for that afternoon out for the next three days. 
While I sit here typing this, the idea of pacing myself makes so much sense.  But the reality of it is that my life is put on hold on a daily basis.  So when I get the chance to live it, even if that just means emptying the dishwasher, I have to jump at it.  That is why it seems to be my mission impossible.  I don't know how to create a happy balance. 


June 2013, Migraine and Headache Awareness Month, is dedicated to Unmasking the Mystery of Chronic Headache Disorders. The 2013 Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is a project of FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment