Friday, June 7, 2013

Migraine & Headache Awareness Month #7- Pretty Woman

What do you do to look good when you feel like crap?

Well one thing I shouldn't have done was gain 51 pounds; that sure didn't help!  So what I did was join weight watchers, try excercising when I feel well enough and try to find something else to do instead of emotional eating!  This has helped!!!!  I am now almost back to my weight before I started having Cluster Headaches in 2009. 
The main thing that I do is put on some lipgloss!!!!  Yup, I said lipgloss.
It is amazing how a little bit of color can make a HUGE difference.  And since I am a very low maintenance kind of girl when it comes to makeup, lipgloss was going to have to do.  I actually got the idea from a book that I read years ago; Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy by Geralyn Lucas.  Basically it is about trying to hold on to your feeling of confidence when facing a time that you do not feel comfortable with yourself. 
So many things changed when my Cluster Headaches began.  It wasn't just about feeling like crap.  I lost my independence, the ability to take care of myself in many ways, my self worth (I know many confident people who can't imagine feeling like this, but it is a reality).  I hit a two year window of feeling depressed (although never diagnosed).  It took me time and locating a new tools to deal with my new life before I really felt human again.  And the way I try to show the world that I am ready to face what life has for me is to put on my lipgloss and just breathe.


June 2013, Migraine and Headache Awareness Month, is dedicated to Unmasking the Mystery of Chronic Headache Disorders. The 2013 Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is a project of FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

2 comments:

  1. It's very hard to feel pretty in the middle of a cluster headache. Sometimes lipgloss is the best you can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO right Tammy!!!! I keep waiting for the Cluster Headache look to catch on, but it doesn't. Hope you are having a pain free day. Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete