Thursday, June 13, 2013

Migraine & Headache Awareness Month #9- Mama Mia: Money Money Money

How does living with migraine or another Headache Disorder impact your financial situations?

While I live with the daily pain of cluster headaches and migraines I am not the only one who sufferers.  Due to my chronic cluster headaches I had to leave a my job in 2010.  This meant losing income and eventually my health insurance (have to be on husbands which costs an arm and a leg).  While I do receive SSI Disability, it no where makes up for what I have lost on a monthly basis.  On top of losing income I now have more doctors appointments each month to try to find solutions to my pain; that means a copay to the doctor each time.  I have monthly prescriptions that I have to have.  Along with prescriptions I have had different procedures throughout these last 4 years that cost a pretty penny.  None of this includes all of the gas money it takes for my husband and parents to get me to all of these appointments.  What really annoys me is that I have student loans that have to be paid monthly even though I cannot use my education at this time.

It takes all that I have to just focus on today and not stress about the future.  Just keep breathing......


June 2013, Migraine and Headache Awareness Month, is dedicated to Unmasking the Mystery of Chronic Headache Disorders. The 2013 Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is a project of FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment