Sunday, June 30, 2013

Migraine & Headache Awareness Month #29 Misfits

If you live with Chronic Migraine, incorporate it into today's post...

Chronic Migraine is defined as suffering 15 or more migraines days in a month.
Chronic Cluster Headaches is defined as suffering 1 year without a remission period or remission periods lasting less than 1 month.

I am not sure how to write this post since the majority of time I do not feel that I am living with my Chronic Migraines or Chronic Clusters.  I am still at that stage of learning how to do that.  Maybe that is what makes me a Misfit today..... that I do not yet have the answer as to how to live with them. 

Prior to my Cluster attacks, I was living with my Chronic migraines by using abortive medications and by pushing through.  At times it was a welcome distraction to have the responsibilities of work.  I could compartmentalize my pain while I was helping others deal with their struggles.  But once my Clusters hit and when they became Chronic my life quickly stopped.  I stopped working, driving, and socializing.  I fell into a depression that I could not see my way out of.  But then my doctor intervened and had me participate in a week long Headache Clinic where I learned valuable skills to begin living with my chronic pain.  I have to admit that since April of 2012 I have started to put one foot in front of the other.  But it is a slow process and I am still learning to walk. 

June 2013, Migraine and Headache Awareness Month, is dedicated to Unmasking the Mystery of Chronic Headache Disorders. The 2013 Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is a project of FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what you've gone through daily, but from reading your posts, it seems like you have come a long way. And I'm so proud of you for that! I found 2 more testimonies if you want to check them out. Prayers and hugs!

    http://cluster-r4yd.blogspot.com/
    http://birchpondllc.com/Headaches%20-%2019%20yr%20old%20beats%20migraine.pdf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working so hard at getting as much of my life back as possible!!!!!

      Delete